Of course, in this world it is not about what you know, but about who you know. The following people and organisations have been helpful somewhere along the journey.
Bells Beach (Organic) Nursery
- Speak to Brian or his son David for good advice and great friendly service. These guys can source whatever you want on the surf coast.
Biodynamic Agriculture Australia
- Very good service, good advice, good biodynamic products. They go the extra mile to ensure their products are shipped the best and most economical way. They publish a quarterly newsletter called News Leaf, packed with information, case studies and stories.
Chris Whitworth (graphic designer)
- Graphic designer and master barista at The Little Teapot Café and Play (who graciously keep all their coffee dregs for our compost heap). Now this guy can play a guitar and sing.
- Great source of organically grown and heritage seeds and seedlings. From time to time they good informative workshops too.
Elcho Garden Supplies
- Great source of the freshest, moist organic mushroom compost. Real quick delivery too. Lots other services like landscaping materials, skip hire, etc.
- Any tool or equipment you need – good service, good advice and fair prices too.
Lifeway Christian Church – Lara
- Speak to pastor Rob Chaney – he really takes a personal interest. He’s a masterchef too, I’m told. Beautiful family. Sarah manages The Little Teapot Café and Play – beautiful community-focused café tailored for young moms with kids.
Mal Heppel – DMS Landscapes
- Landscape designer / engineer at DMS Landscapes
- Arguably the most talented landscape designer and engineer we’ve ever worked with. Good eye for shape, form, colour and natural fit, with great ideas and amazing creativity. Hands-on, climbs in and gets the job done beautifully. Great family man.
Pete the Permie – Telopea Nursery
- Horticulturist / tree supplier at Telopea Nursery
- Nothing about fruit trees this guy doesn’t know. From root stock, to climate suitability to seasonal influences. Amazing stock of heritage fruit and nut trees.
Philip Sedgman – Living Water Flowforms
- This man turns functional items into beautiful forms. Great service too.
Rex Bennett – Ascot Splicing & Supplies
- For anything rope-related, Rex is your man – ladders, nets, climbing ropes, the works. Great service too. Aussie master cricketer.
Scott Tucker – Clearwater Lakes and Ponds
- Nothing about managing natural and grey water that Scott doesn’t know – from swimming pools and small ponds to great lakes. Great service and after-sales service. Not shy to give good advice either.
The Mulch Centre (Geelong)
- Great mulch, great topsoil. Quick delivery. Speak to Lee-Ann, she’ll set you right. Sean maneuvers the trucks and delivers whatever you need into the most awkward places with a smile – stoked longboarder too.
- Amazing collection of recycled wood – great for landscaping, furniture, you can build a beach house from all this stuff!
Wayne Barry – Treecycle Tree Services
- Very efficient tree surgeon, removal, mulching. Fair rates. Wayne really knows his trees.
WellSpring Wesleyan Methodist Church
- Speak to pastor Jim Scott – great sense of humour, builds the most beautiful model boats. Beautiful family. Jim and Heather are our friends for life.
William Horvath – Permaculture Apprentice
- Permaculture blogger at permacultureapprentice.com
- Some good tips on his blog. Hard worker. Living the dream.